Letters from Lindsey
As I sit here, a little over one month into 2022, I am finding myself still reflecting on 2021… are you also?
I feel like 2020 was a year of survival mode. With the hopes of 2021 to be better and now again the hope of 2022 even better. A year of building, a year of growth, and a year of renewed beginnings. It’s funny that with just the change of one day, how much hope it can bring to a person.
We set new goals, create resolutions, and we all want to be better in one way or another. Did you finish them in Jan 2021? Did you get through Jan? Did you lose the weight you wanted to? Did you forgive the person that you have been meaning to forgive? Did you start on the path to creating the life that you always wanted? Did you do it? One month later, how are you doing on those goals?
It makes me think, why do we have to wait until the last day of the year and the first day of the following year to have this feeling? What is it about the human psyche that thinks that a mere 24 hours will bring new beginnings?
As I sit here and ponder, I have determined that it doesn’t just have to be once a year. Here at The it Crowd, we renew ourselves every day, every week, and every quarter. Here is how:
- As a management team, we get together at 8:50 every morning to recite our goals for the year. This helps them stay top of mind for us every single day.
- Every week, our entire team gets together to recite our mission, vision, and goals. This again keeps who we are and where we are going top of mind for everyone.
- And then once a quarter, the management team gets together to talk about our goals, any issues we are having, and how to ensure we hit our goals for that quarter. Then that is relayed to our team in the form of a team outing
If this sounds familiar to you, yes, we run on EOS. If you want information on that, respond to this email and I will point you in the right direction.
If you have already lost your goals for the year, pick it back up. Here are a few ways that you can get back into the goals game:
- Vision board – create one asap
- Picking a word – mine is steady this year….email me yours if you have one
- Goals – recited these each day to yourself or with people that will hold you accountable
- Winning jar – Our friends at Spectrum Financial (tag/link them)gave us one of these and each quarter, we have a different color paper for wins! We are going to go through them each quarter and then again at the end of 2022.
And lastly – here are some of the lessons I have learned from 2021 and will carry on through 2022.
- People are always trying to tell you who they are. Good, bad, or ugly: Believe them
- Self-care is key, even if it is just a few minutes a day – I use Fabulous to help with the few minutes a day and if I feel really ambitious, Planet Fitness for $10 a month is a deal you cannot beat. (https://www.thefabulous.co/and planetfitness.com)
- Nature, travel, family, and friends are my love languages and a part of self-care for me. Stay in touch with the people you love and make time for the things you love. – Need help staying in touch with family and friends – https://www.ourfabriq.com/
- LinkedIn is a great networking tool – if you want to get into this, send me an email and I’ll give you our tips and tricks
- Peer groups are the key to sanity – https://www.convenenow.com/and https://agencymanagementinstitute.com/
- Stop being hurried: The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry https://www.amazon.com/Ruthless-Elimination-Hurry-Emotionally-Spiritually/dp/0525653090