Have you heard the news? It looks as if some of us are going to be able to start opening up this Friday! YAY! With that being said, it is bittersweet for me as much as I am excited to see everyone and for life to be “normal” again, I have enjoyed so much sending you emails each week during all of this. I hope that I have helped and inspired you to have used this time wisely to get stronger.
We will wrap this series up between this week and next as we have just a few more
“to do’s” from our original email that has need to be discussed as this COVID freeze starts to thaw. This week we will discuss technology and how to make sure you are up to date with this as well as keeping with the trends. As a self-proclaimed “tinker”, this is one of my favorite topics!
A few questions brought to you by our friends over at Convene to ask before we dive right in: (rate yourself)
- We have a good understanding of how leading competitors are leveraging technology in our industry and are intentional about matching or exceeding their efforts.
- We are using technology to capture and create necessary data analytics to make quick and informed decisions.
- We have performed a recent cloud readiness assessment and are leveraging the cloud in the best way possible for our organization.
- We are regularly evaluating the software solutions we use throughout our organization (CRM, Finance, HR Benefits, Payroll, etc.) and feel that we are leveraging the best solutions that are currently available to us.
- We have a strong technology team (in-house or outsourced) that is directing our technology strategy and ensuring that we remain competitive.
How did you do!?
By using your evaluation of the above statements, you should have a pretty good place to start your efforts. But some of you will say to yourself “Yes, I know these are areas of weakness, but what do I do about it?”
Here are some action items for you this week:
- Evaluate whether cloud-based solutions or on-premise technology is best for your company. Here is a great company we love that can help you with this if you reach out! (tell them we sent you!) – Qoverage.com
- Internet bandwidth goes down in price constantly – consider using a telecommunications broker that can help keep you on top of this!
- Automate routine client service functions to enhance the client experience and reduce expenses.
- Identify and prioritize tasks and processes that can be automated.
- Perform a cybersecurity risk assessment! GO GET CYBERSECURITY INSURANCE!
- Evaluate EVERYTHING you are using and go search to see if there is something better – come up with a schedule to audit this every year.
This should get your creative juices flowing for other action items you can create for yourself to get your company up to speed with technology. It’s crazy how fast this business sector moves and if you do not stay on top of it, you will be left in the dust.
Here is a list of some of the software that we use, if you have any questions on these or if you have any that you think are better – do a girl a favor and let me know!
- Payroll and Benefits – Gusto
- Password Protection – Zoho Vault
- Project Management Software – Basecamp
- Door locks for the office – Nexkey
- Relationship Management – Cloze
- Business Credit Card (technology-based) – Divvy
- Employee Perks Program – Bonus.ly
- Conference Calls – Zoom
Since we’re talking software, let’s talk about how you can your life or your team’s lives so much easier with social media management software! If you aren’t living under a rock in 2020, social media is something you should be utilizing in any type of business. It’s a necessary evil if that’s how you want to look at it. Obviously, we think it’s an awesome business tool to leverage.
Now, whether you’re a sole business owner or you have someone on your team designated to run your social media, or even if it’s a few people, we highly recommend utilizing some social tools:
- Social Media Scheduler: Plan out content ahead of time for all of your platforms, track your analytics in one place, and get ahead of schedule by drafting posts for the coming days, weeks, or months!
- We’ve tried them all! Buffer, Hootsuite, Social Report, Planoly, Later the list goes on! Currently, as an agency, we use Sprout Social. Many of these services offer free trials or even a low-cost plan for individual businesses.
- Stories Builder: Instagram stories are forever becoming increasingly more popular and you have to keep up with the trends. We love the Mojo Video App! There are many apps on the App Store that help make visually enticing and fun Instagram Stories! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Over, UnFold, Adobe Spark, InShot, Canva, StoryLuxe
- Content Creators:
- Use stock images from ShutterStock, iStockPhoto, Adobe Stock, Freepik, Pexels, or Unsplash to spice up your feed!
- Use an easy editor like Canva, VSCO, or Over, to create easy graphics or put text over an image!
Hopefully, some of these simple tools will encourage you and aid you in making your social media an awesome platform that helps drive business to you. If you ever need help with how to improve your online social presence, you know where to find us!